Fun Family Facts
- Richard will eat most anything.
- We go to the mountains more than the beach. They are both 2 hrs from home.
- Rebecca spent a year in Argentina and learned fun words like pibe and quilombo.
- Richard is writing his own programming language.
- We like the idea of gardening, but so far have killed more plants than we've eaten.
- We used to own rabbits, but a dog is probably in our future. Dalton wants puppies.
- We have 4 strollers, 2 of which Richard and Dalton have broken."Go faster, Daddy!"
- While we were engaged, Richard owned 7 computers. Rebecca encouraged him to reduce that number before the wedding. We have more now...
- Cedar has called 911 more times than Richard.
- If Dalton could drive, the first thing he'd do is hunt down an ice cream truck (since we refuse when he asks us to go searching for one).
- El cuarto de Dalton y Cedar tiene estrellas que brillan en el oscuro. Una de las primeras palabras que decía Cedar fue estrella.
A Typical Day
6:30 AM - Rebecca despierta a Dalton. Cedar se levanta con menos lloriqueo que Dalton!
7:19 AM - Rebecca y Cedar acompañar Dalton a la parada del bus escolar. Entonces Rebecca y Cedar van a correr al lado de las vias del tren.
8:30 AM - Milena helps Cedar get dressed while Rebecca walks to work
9:30 AM - Milena and Cedar go to storytime at a nearby library
11:00 AM - Milena and Cedar go to a playground, have snacks, and play
12:30 PM - A picnic at the playground or home for lunch. Sometimes Rebecca comes home too!
1:30 PM - Cedar does preschool activities with Milena: learning letters, shapes, and counting.
2:45 PM - Milena and Cedar pick up Dalton at the bus stop.
3:15 PM - Cedar takes a nap, sometimes. Dalton practices piano and reads so he can have screen time. His favorite shows are Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Transformers.
5:30 PM - Rebecca comes home and starts dinner. Milena goes to class or the gym.
5:45 PM - Richard gets home and plays outside with the boys while Rebecca cooks.
6:15 PM - Dinner
7:00 PM - PJ time for Cedar
7:30 PM - Cedar's bedtime
8:00 PM - Dalton's bedtime with some snuggles and reading with mom.
8:30 PM - Grown-up time! ...and getting ready for the next day.
Favorite Weekend Activities
- Hiking in the mountains.
- Triathlons! Dalton wants to do his first this summer.
- Playing board games in our pajamas.
- Swimming lessons, soccer games, bike rides
- Church. We belong to a Vineyard Church and occasionally visit una Iglesia Hispana.